Monday, November 26, 2012

Chapter 13 Blog

1.) I feel like the central intelligence agency is the most important agency that America has. This agency was established in 1947 under President Truman. The CIA is an independent agency responsible for providing national security intelligence to senior U.S policymakers. The CIA's mission is to analyze, collect, evaluate, and disseminate foreign intelligence to assist the President and senor U.S government policymakers in making decisions relating to national security.

2.) I believe the internal revenue service agency should be terminated. This agency started in 1863 during the civil war under President Abraham Lincoln. This agency was established to collect a temporary income tax to pay for war expenses. The initial rate was 3% on income over 800 dollars. Today this agency employees thousands of workers and they are expected to employee 16,000 more due to Obama-care. I believe this agency could be terminated and a flat tax could be implemented, instead of all the tax loopholes that are currently in existence.

3.) If I were President of the United States, I would not create any new agency's. I would evaluate every existing agency and eliminate the one's that were not needed. We as a nation cannot keep creating government jobs at tax payers expense.

I commented on: Tinisha Key, Robert Cook, and Pam Smith.

7 comments:

  1. I agree with you on our national Security. I think the CIA is a very important agency as well but I put the National Security Agency and the National Security Council. They also play a very important role in our nation's security. I also said do away with the Internal Revenue Service and put a flat tax on the people. I guess great minds think alike in this area. (LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAHAHAHA!!! How did I not think of the CIA!!! Anyway, great answer. I believe the CIA seres a great purpose and is one of the most important agency in existence. I also agree with your outlook on eliminating any unnecessary agencies. I agree, i would not add any more. I believe to many irrelevant agencies exist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are absolutely correct on saying that the CIA is important! Excellent! Yes, national security is of upmost importance. And, I did not realize that the IRS was initially a temporary agency. Thank you for sharing this information. I agree that a flat tax rate would be more fair, however, I doubt it could ever be possible. And, yes, I fully agree that we do not need more, rather less, in ways of federal agencies. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good post, national security is very important and cutting the programs that protect us from those who would change everything that is sacred to Americans would be folly. Our bureaucracy in America is overcrowded and adding more would be a mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked your post and you made some very valid points. There definetly needs to be a Central Intelligence Agency and the Internal Revenue Service has definetly out lived it's purpose. You gave some very good insight as to why we need or do not need those agencies. Very good post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never thought about the CIA as a required agency, I do agree with your points made about them. If the CIA was not in place the security as a nation would probably be much worse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a hard time picking one out that we could do without and now after reading some of my fellow classmates I do agree with the doing without the IRS. I do think that different ones had a lot of good ones that they picked out and I has a hard time on that after reading over a 1000 of them. I do think a lot of them do run together on matters that we don't need as many different ones for the same thing.

    ReplyDelete